Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will be responsible for strategic planning, organizational growth and development, financial management, and fundraising. She/he will lead the organization in executing strategies to grow the organization’s reach, revenue/funds, program scope, and recognition within the community.
The best candidates will demonstrate the ability to:
• Provide overall strategic planning and implement initiatives to increase program offerings and class enrollment.
• Adhere to a Board-approved budget and keep Board apprised of the financial health of the organization.
• Develop and implement a strategic plan to raise vital funds for the organization.
• Identify, steward and solicit individual donors.
• Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with donors and sponsors.
• Identify new partners and opportunities for mutually-beneficial collaboration.
• Work with the staff to establish program benchmarks and systems to monitor the organization’s progress against goals.
• Work alongside the Board to develop and implement a sustainable growth strategy for the organization.
• Serve as the external face of the organization in Ann Arbor and the surrounding communities.
This is a 20+ hour/ week position with flexible scheduling. Number of hours can fluctuate depending on special events. Some evening and weekend time is required.
Salary commensurate with experience with opportunity for a performance bonus.
• Significant and proven leadership skills developed through 3 years in leadership role in the nonprofit sector or related field.
• Experience managing strategic planning and organizational development.
• Experience with fundraising and developing key donor relationships.
• Experience with Quickbooks or other accounting software.• Visionary, trustworthy, diplomatic, confident and understanding.
• Excellent relationship-building skills.
• Ability to think innovatively and strategically while executing tactically.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Master’s degree and/or equivalent prior experience preferred.